When you reign means you are the head. Physiologically, the head is the center that controls all of your body activities. Head represents several things:
- It means the beginning. In Hebrew tradition, they celebrate “Rosh Hashanah.” It means “the head of the year,” or what we called a new year. The famous story in the Bible about new year was written in 2Samuel 11:1.
- It means to lead or to influence. Deuteronomy 28:13. In this widely quoted verse, we are called to give a lead for others, to become an influencer. It doesn’t need Instagram as a platform but living life as an example.
- It means a husband (Ephesians 5:3), or the head of the family (Acts 16:33-34).
Don’t be afraid, this is not misogyny or sexism. If you read the Bible, you can find references about the crucial role of a man. Take a deep look at these verses: 1Timothy 2:13, 1Corinthians 11:3, Genesis 2:15-18. And it is not just a mere privilege, but it is a responsibility.
How men who reign in his life act? Read Romans 5:17 again. Your move as a man could change the lives of others. “Sin of one man” talking about what Adam did. Compare that to “grace and truth of one,” and you can see that it is talking about Jesus’ act at the cross.
Every man needs a role model, so it is a head-to-head, Adam versus Jesus. Who do you want to be? 1Corinthians 15:45-49. As Jesus knew that He reigns, He acts totally different with Adam, and you can see it in these 3 dimensions:
- Leadership (How Adam lead his wife into compromising the direct order from God, and how Jesus led His disciples to total obedience of God the Father);
- Responsibility (How Adam blamed Eve on the fall, and how Jesus forgave the disciples who fled away from Him);
- Integrity (How Adam take an opportunity when he was alone, and how Jesus resisted the devil’s temptation even when He was totally all alone).